We are pleased to announce that starting Tuesday, June 1, we will be allowing clients wearing a mask to accompany their pets indoors for examinations.
The following guidelines will be required, to enter the hospital:
- Only one person will be allowed to accompany their pet to the hospital.
- We will require a face mask covering your mouth and nose at all times.
- The restroom will be open to one person at a time.
We will provide full curbside service if you cannot adhere to the above guidelines.
The following will be CURBSIDE ONLY services:
- Prescription medication and food pickups will still be curbside-only services.
- If you have young children that are accompanying you, we will provide curbside-only services.
- If you have an elderly person that is accompanying you, it is recommended that you choose curbside-only services.
- If you are immune-compromised, it is recommended that you choose curbside services only.
The check-in process will remain the same. Please call 400-5839 to check-in. You will be sent a Televet check-in form to your phone or a paper form to fill out in your car. Fill out as much historical information as possible, including current medications and preventatives. Once check-in is complete, you will be accompanied to your exam room for your appointment. After your appointment, you will be escorted to the front desk or your vehicle for check out. You may be asked to wait in your car if we have pending lab work running before check out.
Please be patient as we adjust to the new workflow.
We have been overwhelmed with the kindness shown to our staff throughout this difficult year. We appreciate your continued support, as we attempt to provide the best care for your pets and protect our staff, clientele, and family members’ health.